May 30, 2011

Marble Race Deluxe [Toy]


* Ages 3 and up
* Marbles have to manuever through obstacles like the "wave!"
* Around and around until marbles drop through the clear plastic tubes
Create your own maze and watch as the marbles race through the track! Contains over 100 pieces, including 20 marbles.


Marble Race Deluxe [Toy]Reviews :
My 3 year old got this for Christmas...and hasn't stopped playing with it since!
It's been over a month, and he still drags the box out every day, dumps it out, and creates a new masterpiece of an obstacle course for the marbles. Seriously... it's a cliche, but this is hours of fun.
The variations are endless, and although the instructions included are a little confusing to figure out at first (I wish the instructions were color-coded, but no big deal), you learn to get creative and make your own Marble Runs Toys. It's easy for little hands to put together, and fascinating to watch as the marble goes through the maze your child creates.
As for the price, I was able to find this toy at Toys R Us for $19.99. Don't know why it's so expensive here.
Anyway, great toy--the whole family loves it!


Reviews :
I have actually had the privilege of seeing other marble tower-building sets similar to this one in action. These include less expensive and the more pricey ones that come from a catalog and/or toy party. Marble Race is the BEST! The key factor being that the bases are much wider and thus more stable than competitors. And the pieces stay connected. We've built Marble Race towers up 4ft and they do a very good job of not tipping over or dissembling. The pieces are easy to connect and disconnect--even my 2.5 y.o. could do it no problem. The box and contents are light enough that he can manage without help. We've had our set for over 2 yrs and it's still a favorite. The plastic it's constructed from is slightly bendable--not hard plastic that will easily crack. Even the Marble Runs Toys are all plastic (the silver coating has not come off either!) It's a great toy to facilitate problem-solving, fine-motor skills, and balance, not to mention following directions, colors, shapes, etc. We like to build a marble race near our train set so the trains can pick up and deliver loads of marbles. Try it outside and pour water through it! I just wish Imaginarium offered other pieces to add on to this set, maybe some inspired by the 'mouse trap' game. You won't be sorry with this toy!


Reviews :
I love this marble run. Compared to other marble runs made out of wood, this set allows my 5 year old to create projects on her own. Some others are too complex for her age. Our whole family can sink 30-40 minutes at a time creating a new marble run. We'll give it a break and then come back for more! I think this is a great indoor activity, good for cause and effect learning.


This Marble Runs Toysis remarkably fun, and allows children to use their imaginations building. My 3 y.o is having a blast. I only paid in the 25$ at my local toys r us, not the 49 amazon is asking, thus the play value is very worth it. I would recommend buying this toy, but keep in mind there is no bag that comes with the 100 parts it boasts proudly on the box. I love all the twists and turns, the parts really make this toy fun to watch the marbles race down the masterpiece. Small issue but not a big deal is the small wheel can get stuck, but there is the option to take it off. I think I'm having as much fun as my son. I plan on buying better marbles, as it comes w/ only cheap little plastic ones. Def recommend this.

No comments:

Post a Comment