May 29, 2011

Perplexus Maze Game by PlaSmart, Inc.


Perplexus Maze Game by PlaSmart, Inc.

* A maze game where players must maneuver a small marble around challenging barriers inside a transparent sphere
* Provides a three dimensional experience
* Shift, flip, and twist the sphere to guide the marble
* Entertaining, educational, and great for fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
* No set-up, clean-up or batteries


Perplexus is a maze game where players must maneuver a small marble around challenging barriers inside a transparent sphere. Unlike traditional flat-surface mazes that are composed of one path, Perplexus houses various exhilarating tracks with 100 barriers and provides a three dimensional experience. Players select which track they would like to attempt, and then must work with gravity and carefully shift, flip, and twist the sphere to guide the marble. Players can race each other or the clock. On top of being entertaining, Perplexus is also an educational toy, and assists in child development. It is a great toy for children to exercise their motor and dexterity skills, as well as improve their hand-eye coordination. Its small size makes it easily portable. No batteries required. Ages 6 and above.


Perplexus Maze Game by PlaSmart, Inc. Reviews :
This toy has been a hit in our home. We got one for Christmas and I know someone has picked it up at least once every day since. I grew up playing a maze game with a great big wood box. I believe the name of that game was Labyrinth. Playing Perplexus brought back many fun memories when I was younger so I had to bring it to my family's Christmas party (we have it after Christmas). It was a hit with everybody of all ages. My siblings loved it. There was a Wii and another sphere-like game, but the Perplexus was played more frequent.


I've read critisms that the numbers are difficult to read. I believe this was the one of the fun things about it as my son (15 year old) and I would problem solve and figure it out. Bonding moments with the son!! Both him and I have completed the maze but I find myself still trying it everyday to see if I can complete it all the way through without having the ball fall. My four year old child plays with it but he has difficulty getting past the first level.


Reviews :
This is an amazing feat in engineering! It is easy at times and very difficult at others. There are multiple starting points so that you don't have to start at #1 and keep making the same mistakes over and over. Turning the maze while your little ball is precariously balanced takes practice and patience.


It is a lot of fun and is not a toy that is "done with" in an hour. My kids will go back to it over and over. After completing the maze you can race to beat a time or see if you can get through with no falls, etc.


We took this to a family holiday party and it was the hit of both children and adults.


It seems to be well made but since I haven't been able to get through the whole maze yet, I'm not sure if there are any hiccups in the process.


Reviews :
This was an impulse purchase the week before Christmas, but I'm so glad I made it! This was the most talked about toy under the tree this year. Every member of the family has been drawn to it. And my 7 year old, who normally does not concentrate on anything for too long, has played with it for hours on end. I highly recommend this toy.


I bought this for my 6yr old grandson and he loves it and so do we. We take turns. It is a great tool to help with eye & hand coordination. Would definately recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment